Flaky skin accompanied with patches is the first sign of Psoriasis and there are various types of Psoriasis from skin to scalp. It is a sort of disorder that causes redness. There are many treatments available today in the field of medical science yet they been seen to cause side effect. It is the home remedies which help in easing out the problem. The steps undertaken at home differ from the other steps and the most important criteria are to keep the skin clean as far as possible. You should check the homemade treatment by testing it on little part whether it suits or not. Here are some tips to get rid of Psoriasis:
• Moist skin – Dryness is an omen for Psoriasis hence to reduce the itchiness moisturizer should be applied regularly. Ointments which are concentrated in form such as petroleum jelly are to be used and skin creams which are heavy. Scaling can be minimised if you cover the area at night and wash it in the morning.
• Care to be taken while bathing – Lukewarm water is to be applied while bathing and then cream should be applied when you pat dry and not towel dry. Some kind of oil should be put in the water and then used and at the same time should take care that bathing in water for long can destroy the already present natural oil.
• Routine should not be hampered – if you are taking care at home and at the same time applying ointments prescribed by the doctor then it should be taken care of as consistency is the key and to reduce inflammation as well as flaky skin plans should be stuck at.
• Necessary solar energy – Sun burn is an enemy of the disease but some amount of energy from the sun can help in Psoriasis treatment. If you are taking medicines then it is prescribed that too much sun is not needed hence you should consult the doctor first.
• Quitting to smoke – smoking is injurious to health and so it is to Psoriasis. It can aggravate the problem.
• Moderate drinking – it can seriously affect the problem of Psoriasis for those who are heavy drinkers.
• Change in diet – Eradicating sweet and sour foods from your diet does not do much harm rather it eases out the problem. If you eat healthy, you will reap healthy benefits as well.
• Remain stress free – being free from stress is an important mental factor which is ignored in the treatment of Psoriasis.
Gentle care is the best care for sensitive skin that can be undertaken by you at home. Remember not to catch infection from dirty pillows or bedspread and even clothes. Hairs should not get stuck to Psoriasis especially in the case of women. Fish oil is another supplement that you should take and keeping the air moist in your surrounding is essential. Skin has to be kept supple and moisturized so that plaque does not develop and make the problem worse.